The Permanent Hand Shield™ PAT US9144340 is a patented application that incorporates specially developed material directly to both leading edges of a privacy curtain to create a safe handhold area. It can be sanitized frequently using fabric-safe disinfectants. The following describes the material used for the Permanent Hand Shield application itself and not the fabric of the curtain in which it is applied to.
The Permanent Hand Shield PAT US9144340 is constructed from a vinyl laminate made to withstand excessive abuse. The material is enhanced by a controlled release system which enables the slow release of a specifically formulated antimicrobial to the fabric surface, lasting for the life of the medical fabric. The precise composition of the product is proprietary.
The following is not intended to provide any warranty or limitation of use.
- Flame Resistance – Passes ASTM D6413 and 16 CFR Part 1632 Class A as a barrier material.
- Surface Resistivity – Passes AATCC 76 as Antistatic. This is permanent, not a surface treatment. Prevents build-up and retention of dangerous electrostatic charges.
- Biologic Properties – Passes AATCC 147 ISO 22196 which tests the material’s antimicrobial ability to protect itself. Resistant to organisms that degrade, stain or impart odors.
- Temperature Rating – Material should not be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120°F during drying and 160°F during wash. Exposure above 250 degrees Fahrenheit requires additional ventilation and/or safety equipment. Melting Point is approximately 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Gas powered dryers have the ability to exceed these limitations even on low settings and are not recommended for use.
- Breaking Strength – Grab Test ASTM D5034 Test Results are W 115 lbs / F 105 lbs.
- Water Resistance – Surface passes ASTM D751/A at 175 PSI. Material is water resistant and non-breathable. Use caution in areas where choking hazards are a concern.
- Color - Available in Fawn. Permanent, non-fading and non-bleeding.
- Transportation Class – Class 65.
- Weight – 10 ounces per yard (+/- 10%) Lightweight, high strength.
- Maintenance Requirements – Follow separate wash and care instructions.
The Permanent Hand Shield PAT US9144340 is patented and licensed exclusively by Curtain Care Plus.
Disclaimer – The information provided herein is provided in good faith and accurate to the best of our knowledge. Although compiled by competent technical personnel, no guarantee or warranty is herein expressed or implied, as to the completeness or correctness thereof. Curtain Care Plus makes no guarantee of results and assumes no obligation or liability whatsoever in connection with the possible use of this product.